Despite losing half of our funding from the Tory and Lib Dem government – we are still ambitious for Lambeth. We aspire to build on the great work which has happened since 2006, hand in hand with our residents, and improve even further.
Our pledges include:
1. Help you with the rising cost of living by freezing council tax for the sixth year in a row.
2. Boost jobs and grow local businesses by offering every young person access to job support, training or an apprenticeship.
3. Make Lambeth cleaner and greener by resurfacing 130 miles of roads and pavements and recycling more waste than ever before.
4. Create safer neighbourhoods and build the homes we need by campaigning to protect community police and building 1,000 new council homes.
5. Give young people the best start in life by offering free breakfasts in all our primary schools.
6. Help to keep you healthy by getting more people involved in sporting activities and healthy exercise.
Here in Brixton Hill we’re committed to making our roads safer for pedestrians and cyclists, including 20mph limits, Play Streets and more cycle parking; working with local employers including Brixton Energy to create community owned renewable energy as well as apprenticeships for local young people; and to protect Brixton’s unique character including supporting Brixton Windmill.