‘Blooming Lambeth’ is a celebration of growing, greening and innovations happening in Lambeth, a partnership between Lambeth Council and Incredible Edible Lambeth. Residents are asked to take a look at the categories and nominate yourself, your neighbours, a community group, or your whole street or estate as an example of what’s best about Lambeth and the people who live here.
Applicants for each category of the competition are asked to send in a photo and a description of ‘your story’ in three sentences by the deadline of 16th June. For an entry form phone 020 7926 3401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The categories are:
- Home in Bloom – for front or back gardens
- Community in bloom – if you have an estate or community garden to be proud of
- Food growing – your individual (or your neighbour’s) vegetable patch, herb garden, window box or container garden
- Innovation – The best initiative or project. Something you or someone you know has done to change things for the better
- Windowbox or balcony – Some people can make the most out the smallest of spaces
- Community food growing – for the group that gardens together and contributes to the community.
The prize for each category is £100 garden centre vouchers. Incredible Edible Lambeth will be judging the entries in each category and holding an awards ceremony at the Garden Museum, Lambeth Palace on 12 October 2017.